Tonight Ian did not want to eat his dinner. He just sat there playing with it. I was getting very frustrated with him. I don't want to become a short order cook and cater to his every food wish. I have decided that he will just have to eat whatever I make for dinner and if he doesn't like it then that is all he will get for the night (what a mean mom I am!!).
After Ian sat there at the table for about 15 minutes not touching anything on his plate I decided to bribe him to eat. I am all for bribing. I told him that if he ate ALL his dinner when daddy got home me and him would go on a date to get a Frosty. His eyes got very big and said OK, then he asked what a date was. I tried to explain to him that a date was when you go and do something fun with someone you like. I then told him that I liked him very much so I wanted to take him on a date. If you know Ian you know that he doesn't much care for sweets but he sure likes a good Frosty (and so do I). Before I knew it every last piece of food on his plate was gone. When Jared got home Ian was faster than fast getting his shoes on to go to Wendy's.
Ian is getting so big. He was so cute eating his Frosty. He thought he was ALL THAT sitting there at Wendy's with his Frosty in front of him. After every bite he would grab his napkin, wipe his mouth, look at me and say "did I get it all?". I just love that boy. I am looking forward to go on more dates with my son. I just hope he will let me take him out on DATES forever!!! He might not be into that when he is a teenager but a mom can only hope right??
2 comments:
Date night, wow that's a great idea. Remember when dad and I would take you kids out on date's? I love Ian stories. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that you shouldn't have to worry about take him on a date when he gets older. I still take Rendal and Josh on date's. Well maybe they don't think of them as dates, but we go out to dinner and of course to Disneyland. It is a lot of fun to share time with your children no matter what their age.
Post a Comment