Today Jared and I have been married for 6 years. Wow!!! I can't believe it has been 6 years already. I love hearing about how couples met so I am going to share the story about how Jared and Heather came to be (according to me).
We met 7 years ago in February of 2001. We actually were introduced by a mutual friend (my boss at the time and Jared's landlord). Being 24 I thought that I would be single forever, living here in Provo/Orem people made you feel that if you were not married or engaged or dating someone seriously by the time you were 21 you were destined to be an old maid forever. So anyways I had determined to give up worrying about dating and marriage and to just live my life to the fullest and have fun. It was crazy because when I decided this that was when I started to go on more dates than ever (not that it was a whole lot but I never really DATED anyways). My boss, Liz had a few single guys living in her basement and she decided that she wanted to introduce me to them so she came up with a brilliant idea, a party. Well at this party there were 4 married couples, me, my roommate (I made her come with me), Jared and his roommates. It was a little awkward but we all ended up having fun eating and playing games.
That first night we didn't really even talk to each other, just the usual game chatter. According to Liz after my roommate and I left Jared kept asking her about me. The next time I went to work she was so excited to tell me about how he was interested in me. I was floored, to think that someone was interested in me...NO WAY, that never happens. For the next few days we played the he said this/she said this game through Liz. I felt like I was in Jr. High or something but it was fun. After about a week of playing this Liz set us up to go out on our first date with her, her husband, and another couple that we worked with. I was nervous at first but somehow when I saw him that night I felt at ease and was able to be relaxed and be myself. The date went well and that next week we either saw each other or talked on the phone every day. That week also had Valentine's Day in it. I never liked that holiday much but now it is very dear to me because that Valentine's Day Jared told me that he was falling for me and he knew where he wanted to be when this life was over and he wanted me there with him. I couldn't believe it, I was falling for him too and we just knew we were meant to be together, so one day short of 14 months later we were married for time and all eternity in the Mani Temple. We had such a beautiful wedding. We were lucky to be surrounded by all our family and closest friends. We were able to be sealed by a family member of Jared's family (a cousin), which was cool because we did not plan that, he was just the sealer assigned to us that day....how cool is that?
So here we are 6 years and 2 kids later, loving life and loving being a family. Jared is such a wonderful husband and dad. He is very patient with me and willing to put up with my craziness. I love him very much and am so grateful that we found each other and are able to endure this life together.
Just a side note about our story.....about 3 months before we met I house sat for Jared's landlord for 3 weeks while they went to New Zealand. Jared lived in their basement and we NEVER saw each other....kinda funny!!

4 comments:
Happy Anniverary!! Six years, that is relly something!! You two are very good for each other. I too am glad that you found each other. I love you both and the children too.
Yeah for Heather and Jared. I am glad your in our family. Loved your story as well. luv ya.
Happy Anniversary!. I can remember when you guys were dating and how excited Jared was to marry you. I can't believe it's already been 6 years. Time really goes by so quickly.
Happy Anniversary! Did you guys do anything fun? Love you!!
Post a Comment