Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disneyland 2008

We finally broke down and took the kids to Disneyland for the first time. I grew up going to Disneyland, living close by and all (only about a 30 to 45 minute drive, depending on traffic) and have such great memories of going to Disneyland with my family and friends.

We were accompanied by my mom, my brothers Rendal & Josh, my sister Catherine, her husband Kevin and their kids Colby and Kaylee. We had so much fun. It was a little crowded and a lot of the rides had some pretty long lines but thanks to Colby we didn't really have to wait long to get on them. Because of his Autism he got a special pass to jump to the front of the lines and take 5 people with him.

Ian wasn't so sure about the rides at first. If you have ever been to Disneyland you will know that some of the rides in Fantasyland are indoors and can be very dark.  He did not like being in the dark, he said that they were scary. He did however enjoy the Buzz Lightyear Ride, the Nemo Submarine Ride, Dumbo, and going on the Train. He also really enjoyed the Disney Pixar Parade in California Adventure (so did Jared, I didn't get to see all of it because Maggie was crying and throwing a fit). Jared and I really enjoyed the Tower of Terror at California Adventure. We weren't able to go on all rides I wanted to go on but we sure did have a great time. I can't wait to go again!!!!

Here are some pictures of our adventure

Ian and Grandma Train on Dumbo

Ian and Mommy on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Mickey getting on the Tea Cups with us
After we got on the ride they let Mickey and Pluto on to ride with people. They didn't get in our Tea Cup but they were close enough to us to take this picture.
Waving Good-bye to Goofy
We went up to Goofy and he took Ian's hand and started walking off with him. It was so cute, Ian just went with him. Other kids were trying to get to Goofy but he just waved them off because he was with Ian.  He thought he was so cool!!!

Taking a picture with Mickey Mouse
We walked through Mickey's house and at the end he was there waiting to take a picture with us.

Posing with Pluto (we could not get Ian  to look at us for this picture)
We actually know a true Disney Princess. This is Alyssa, a friend from my parents ward. She got us into the parks for free (a perk for knowing someone who works there). She even let us have a special sitting with her at the end of her sift and take as many pictures as we wanted. This was very exciting for me because The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite Disney movie. I hope Ariel will be one of Maggie's favorites too.

I loved taking the kids to Disneyland......I had so much fun, I hope our kids will have the same kind of love for Disney as I do!!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm so jealous that you guys got to go to Disneyland. It looked like so much fun and the kids seemed to love it. I loved the picture of Ian with Goofy.

Nancy said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad you were able to go!

S Tippetts said...

We did have a great time! Thanks for coming down so we could go. I'm glad you had a good time too! Next time will be even better.