Monday, March 31, 2008

Let's Go To The Movies!!!

Today I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the movies. Am I crazy? No, they actually did pretty well for their first time at the movies. There is a movie theater here in the area that does this MOM movie thing. The MOM stands for Movies on Monday. Every Monday the manager picks a movie that is G, PG, or PG-13 that is shown in a kid friendly atmosphere. The cost is very affordable too, $5 for anyone ages 5 and up. They dim the lights and turn the volume down. It was great that my kids were not the only ones making noise in the theater.

We went and saw "Horton Hears a Who". It was a very cute movie and Ian really enjoyed it. Thank goodness we only had one potty break. Since I was there alone with my two kids it was a little hard taking both kids and our bag all into the bathroom. I should get an award because I successfully held Maggie and the diaper bag while pulling Ian's pants down and lifting him up onto the toilet. On our way back in to movie I stopped and splurged on a bucket of popcorn, drink, and candy (they have a MOM deal....all that for only $6.50 - not too bad). I was glad I got the popcorn because it kept Ian occupied for the rest of the movie.

Maggie luckily slept for the last 20 minutes or so. Ian also thought it was to play musical chairs with the four seats adjacent to us that were not occupied. All in all they did very well.

It was a cute movie so if any of you have young kids I recommend seeing it!!!!

Here are some pictures of the kids at the movie theater.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I want to go with you next time. That sounded like so much fun.

Natalie said...

That's cool - I've never heard anything like that before. Which theater does that? PS How's Disneyland?