Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good Night, SleepTight

Tonight I when told Ian that it was time to go to bed soon he started crying. He told he wasn't tired. I was letting him stay up a little later than normal because he actually took a nap today and slept until 5pm. I didn't mean he had to go to bed right that minute, just soon because it was after 9pm and we have a long day tomorrow.

After I had told him to stop crying, he eventually did and went to the bathroom all by himself (what a big boy). I went in to check on him and he had finished on the toilet and was standing up to sink cleaning it. He had grabbed a wipey and was wiping the counter down. As a good mom should I praised him for wanting to clean and then told him that he was going to have to go bed in a few minutes.

I went and sat on the couch and finished by bowl of ice cream. I noticed that Ian was being quiet so I went upstairs to look for him. His bedroom door was closed and that usually is never a good thing. Well this time it was, he had turned his light out, got his trains that he sleeps with, shut the door and climbed into bed. I asked him what he was doing and told me that he was going to sleep now. I kissed him goodnight and wished him sweet dreams.

How cute is that? My 2 year old put himself to bed. I hope he will start to do this every night, wouldn't that be nice!!!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, you are so lucky. Ian is such a good kid. I'm still trying to figure out how to get Lizzie to bed without a bottle.

Nancy said...

That is so nice for you! Ian is such a good boy :)

I was at Target today and I saw a Thomas Easter set. I thought of you. Actually, I thought of Ian.

S Tippetts said...

Sorry I missed your (well rather Ian's) phone call. I had to go to the cub scout Blue and Gold dinner. I got home late and went right to work on dad's stuff. Ian sounded so cute on the answering machine. Thanks for having him call us. We love you Ian.

S Tippetts said...

Oh, my I forgot to comment on Ian's amazing efforts to put himself to bed. Way to go Ian!!! That was really something.