Monday, January 28, 2008

Wake Up Mommy

Today I woke up with Maggie at 5am and she didn't go back to sleep until almost 7am. I did get to go back to sleep but not for too long because I was awakened by a little boy who wanted to watch a show and eat breakfast. I did not try to nap during Maggie's first nap of the day because I was doing my motherly/wifely duties and was trying to get the house cleaned up....laundry, last night's dishes, and cleaning the bathroom.

Maggie went down for an afternoon nap at 2:30pm. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to catch up on some much needed ZZZZ's. I got Ian situated with watching a DVD, I laid down on the couch and thought "Oh good he will sit and watch this show and I can sleep for an hour."

That was SO not the case. About 20 minutes into my nap I was abruptly woken up by this toy hitting me in the head and Ian yelling that he wanted a drink.



I tried to ignore him but that didn't work because a few minutes later I was bopped in the head once again. After getting whacked in the head 4 times I decided I really needed to get up and take of my child. I was just soooo tired and wanted so badly to just sleep. After the fourth whack I did tell him that if he hit me with the toy one more time he was going in TIME OUT. Luckily for both of us he didn't.

1 comment:

S Tippetts said...

Oh, my! Wasn't that fun! Or at least it was funny to read.