Today we found out that Maggie has a double ear infection. She woke up this morning a little congested and I really thought nothing of it because there isn't a whole lot doctors can do for a cold for a 5 month old. She woke up from her afternoon nap feeling rather warm and screaming so to tried to calm her down by putting her in a warm tub. That didn't help. All day she had been coughing so much that she would start to choke and then throw up. She started throwing up in the tub so I decided it was time to call the doctors office. Sure enough she has two ear infections, a slight fever and to make it all worse the doctor said she was wheezing pretty bad. Now both of our kids have a wheezing/asthma problem. We were instructed to give Mags a breathing treatment two or three times a day. The doctor also suggested that Ian have them too(we stopped giving them to him because we thought he fine). When Ian starts running around he immediately starts coughing and it will last a long time. So tonight I pulled out the nebulizer and started our new nightly routine of giving our kids a "Breather", that's what we call them.
Well we hope Maggie gets better so we all can sleep. So hence the title, there has been very little sleep, no work (the house is not very clean) and nothing will get done until Maggie gets better. I have had to cancel and reschedule 5 haircuts because I am physically tired and couldn't cut hair and I wouldn't want them to get sick.
3 comments:
Oh, that sounds terrible! I hope they all get better soon and that you recover from your lack of sleep!
I was going to see if I could come and visit teach you in the next couple of days but I think that I'm going to stay away for a few days...no offense. I'll talk to you on Sunday and see how you're all feeling.
In the meantime, is there anything else I can do for you?
Nancy thanks for your concern but I
think we are good.
She is finally asleep and I hope it will last more than 20 minutes. Her fever had finally seemed to break so that is a good sign.
I hope that Rachel doesn't get sick from being with us at the library. Maggie didn't get a fever until today so I don't think she was contagious yesterday, and I don't think ear infections are contagious.
I'm sure we will be fine by next week for you to come visiting teaching, this just means it might not get done by the 15th so I hope the RS understands.
I am so sorry. Lizzie isn't showing any of the symptoms you were describing for Maggie so I'm not worried about Lizzie being sick from Maggie. I asked my Dr. about Lizzie being contagious because I was worried about her being around your kids last Tuesday and he said that she wouldn't have been contagious at that time. I hope everyone starts to get better and I hope you get more sleep soon. Just think that Saturday is almost here and Jared will be home to help you. Call if you need to cry to someone.
Poor little Maggie.
Post a Comment