Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Came To Our House!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas. Santa was very good to us!!! We started our Christmas with having Jared's sister Jen and her daughter Ashlin over for Christmas Eve dinner. I decided to carry on my family's tradition and made a prime rib. It turned out OK, I told Jared that hopefully over the years to come I will better at making it. We then did our own family tradition of reading a fun Christmas story and then read a book about the birth of the Savior. We sang a few songs, which included Jingle Bells because that is the only Christmas song Ian knows (and he knows it very well). Ian and Maggie got to open a few presents....your typical Christmas Eve tradition.....Pajamas, a new ornament and then we added something new and they got to open their gifts from each other. We sent Ian to bed and began our putting things together. I really wasn't thinking and while putting things together I realized that we needed batteries for a few things we got, OOPS!!

Our kids let us sleep in until 8:30 am. Ian was so excited to see what Santa brought him. He was so cute because he was way into Christmas this year. I would hand him a present and then he would ask "Who is it from?" I would then tell him and he would reply with "Is it for me?" I replied back with a "Yes". He would then proceed to say "What could it be?". He took awhile to unwrap everything because he wanted to play with it as soon as he opened it. Now we just need to figure out where to put all their new things they got. I guess I will be heading to the store tomorrow to buy new bins for it all to go in.

This was Maggie's first Christmas and we are grateful to have her here with us this year.

We had a very nice and relaxing Christmas. We just hope every year will be just as nice this one was!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love that story about Ian! He's so cute!

Merry Christmas!