Friday, November 30, 2007

You're Driving Me Crazy

Today I really realized that I need to be careful about what I say around Ian because he picks up on things pretty fast. Here is an example to back this up with.  He had been a little hyper today and just wouldn't leave me alone, so I kept saying to him "Go away you are driving me CRAZY!!!". I didn't think twice about what I had said. Tonight at dinner we were sitting at the table, like we always do, and Ian proceeded to say to Jared "Daddy I drive my mom crazy!" I looked at Jared and said "Did he just say what I thought he said". We both started laughing and Ian joined in with us. This had made me realize that our kids are really listening to us even when we think they aren't.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Lizzie doesn't copy what we say yet but she does sometimes copy what we do. It really is amazing how much kids pick up.