Monday, October 29, 2007

Going on the Potty

We started potty training Ian at the beginning of this month. I have been dreading doing this for a long time. I have had a lot of people tell me he is too young and I should wait. I just knew he could do it. He had been telling us for awhile when he needed his diapers changed. So over conference weekend I decided this was it. My sister Hollie was going to potty train her daughter at the same time and I thought it would be a good opportunity to support each other. It has almost been a month and Ian hasn't been in diapers. We do have accidents though, some days more than others, but today we have had NONE. I thought this day would never come. We have gone with doing a sticker chart and Ian gets to put on a sticker for every success on the potty. We started out with a goal of 5 stickers. He has mastered that and would get a present very often. We have now gone up to 15 stickers and hopefully when that chart is done we will move up to 20 stickers. This has been very frustrating for us but we stuck with it and are very excited with the outcome.

No comments: