Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Buchanan Family January Happenings

This is the last week of the month and I haven't done an update since the 1st.

Here is a little of what has been happening this past month

* Ian and Maggie started back to school. Thank goodness. I love them but it's so nice to have them at school. They are doing so good in school. They once again got straight O's (or A's) on their most recent report cards. Maggie even got bummed up into the next spelling group. I am so proud of them. They both have awesome teachers this year which is an added bonus.


*Here is Mags on "Crazy Hair Day" -- She didn't want her hair like this but I thought it looked cute. She's was a little worried people would make fun of her until I explained that lots of people were going to have crazy hair too so it was ok. She's a little sensitive like her mom.

*Since the two older two are in school all day and Cares isn't old enough to attend pre-school yet we have enrolled her in a little dance class through the community rec center. She has loved it. She looks forward to her 2 days a week when she gets to go.

*At the beginning of the year Cares also got to go to Primary.






















*Even though she was so excited to go with all the big kids every Sunday she gets a little anxiety separation (which is new to us, the other 2 kids never went through this) and whines a little and needs a little coaxing to stay but in the end she loves it. Go figure.


*Ian has started back at Scouts and is almost to the point of getting his Wolf Badge. Go Ian!!!






















*This girl loves her brother and loves to give hugs and kisses all day to who ever will accept them.

*Maggie is still coming along on her violin. Her teacher says she is picking up fast for a 6 year old. I don't know if she really is or if her teacher is just trying to be nice. Her teacher is awesome and Maggie loves it she just doesn't like to practice...who does?


This is the kind of  bump you get when your sister whacks you in the head with a yo-yo. Yeah...we have some good times at our house.

* I kinda quit my job. When I say kinda I mean I still work but I'm just not always on the schedule. If I am needed I get a call and if I am available I work. So far it's worked out great.  Luckily so far I have still been able to pick up quite a few shifts due to sickness and such.  I really enjoy the girls I work with and miss seeing them so often but I also really am enjoying being home at nights more and the kids like that. Along with working now and again I am keeping busy with helping in Maggie classroom once a week which I love. If you didn't know this once upon a time I wanted to be a school teacher and back when I was 18 I just didn't think I could hack it. Now I think I'd love it. I love going and helping out in Maggie's 1st grade class. The kids are so fun. One little boy always comes up and give me a hug and says "I love you, Maggie's mom". It makes me happy. I also get my fill of teaching every Sunday with all the nursery kids. I love that calling. It's the best. I mean who doesn't love puzzles, coloring, snacks, toys, and bubbles?

Jared has been busy with work. He recently went on a trip to Anaheim and had fun. Other than work he hasn't been up to much. We are grateful for all he does to provide for our family.


Hopefully another month doesn't go by before I update this again.










1 comment:

Rach said...

Yay! I love that you do this.
And way to go Ian! Wahoo!