Friday, August 16, 2013

and summer comes to an end.......

these past few weeks of summer have flown by super fast.
we squeezed in as many things as we could before school starts in a few days.

we headed to the zoo one day
and had a ton of fun

the highlight for mr. Smarty Pants was seeing animals made out of legos
ashie went with us too and we were glad she did

*********

we had to say goodbye to some pretty awesome people


the Metcalf's were our neighbors for the past 2 1/2 years.
they actually moved in on the day I had sweets -- that's how we know how long they have lived here.
they have been the best neighbors and friends.

I consider Lydia and me kindred spirits -- you know like Anne Shirley and Diana Barry.
friends for life we are as daughters will be too.

I think Lydia and I were more sad about the goodbyes than the kids were.
so sad to see them leave but happy for their new adventures in California.
hope Cali knows how lucky they are to have this wonderful family.

oh and doesn't Lydia look great for just having a baby a week before??

*********

we also headed up to our time share up at Powder Mountain (Eden, Utah)
jen and ash came up for a few days


we swam

we watched movies, played games, hiked, and headed to the tree house museum


we have had an pretty awesome summer and are getting ready for school to start in about 3 days.
i say" yeah" -- mr. smarty pants says "nay" -- and sass says "yippie"

1 comment:

Rach said...

What a fun way to end the summer! Except for the friends leaving, it makes me sad for you guys. : ( like REALLY sad because I know you are very close.
it also brings back memories of when we left Utah...the only hardvpart about it was leaving your family.