Guess who turned 8
and this lucky boy got to be baptized on his birthday
Not many people get to be baptized on their actual birthday but with my persistent insisting
I got my way and so glad that I did because it was a wonderful day.
Mr. Smarty Pants was surrounded by a lot of family and close friends who love him.
Mr. Smarty Pants was baptized by his dad, Jared.
He was confirmed by his dad with the help of Grandpa Puppy (Memmott), Grandpa Train (Tippetts), and Uncle Eldon.
I spoke on Baptism. I hate speaking so this was a HUGE deal for me. It went ok. People said they liked my talk. My dad, Grandpa Train (Tippetts) spoke in the Holy Ghost. Mr. Smarty Pants' Ashlin sang "When I am Baptized", and Bishop Handy gave a few remarks about this wonderful day.
Bishop Handy and my Dad both told Ian that he needed to remember this day. Remember some of the small details that made this day so special. I don't remember much of my baptism day except for the fact that my mom made me a baptism dress and my dad baptized me.
After the baptism we had a luncheon for those who came. It was so nice to have our friends and family there. Even though Mr. Smarty Pants doesn't like birthday cake I got one for him anyways, cause everyone else likes cake. Since it was his birthday I made everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to him.
and or course we had to get family pictures to document the day
I know the girls look ridiculous but this the best shot we got.
Don't mind their hair...they looked good at the beginning of all this.
I really wish I would have gotten a picture of Ian with Jared's parents.
After the baptism we headed back to those to open presents.
Mr. Smarty Pants could hardly wait for this
Mr.Smarty Pants' best bud Max came over to play and then went with us out for pizza,
as requested from the birthday boy
*********************************************************
It really was a great day.
We sure do love this boy and are so proud of him.
He is a great son and an awesome big brother.







1 comment:
Mr smarty pants looks so grown up! I can't even believe it.
And I'm dying over your skirt!
You looked really beautiful, sounds like things couldn't go any better....even though you had to talk. ; )
Post a Comment