It's the last day of February so I guess I better get documented what we have been up to for the last part of the month
UP FIRST: Valentine's Day
The kids got to take Valentines to school for their friends.
Mr. Smarty Pants even had to make a Valentine holder at home and bring it to school.
We opted for a Monster made from an empty tissue box.
I didn't get any pictures of it (bad mommy) but Mr. Smarty Pants sure was proud of it.
When Mr. Smarty Pants spotted some Angry Birds Valentines at the Dollar Store there was no changing his mind on what he wanted and for a $1 I was happy with that.
Sass on the other hand gave these away
Our kids love "CRAZY STRAWS" so when I saw this on Pinterest I knew we just had to do it!
Luckily I was able to have night off from working.
Jared got us some yummy Cafe Rio for dinner while I made the kids these
Heart-Shaped Quesadillas....they were a hit
Uncle Rendal sent t he kids some Pez for V-day
and they LOVED them
It was a great surprise to get a little package from G &G Train and Uncle Rendal
On Presidents Day we headed over to Classic Skating with our friends the Metcalf's
Here is Sass showing off her pink skates she got from Christmas.
Jared had the day off too so that meant he kept Sweets at home with him
and I took the other two with me.
2 kids is SOOOOO much easier than 3!!!!
They all had fun skating, bouncing, climbing, eating pizza, and playing the arcade games.
and finally.......
last weekend our friends (the Metcalf's again) invited to head on down to St. George (well technically Hurricane) with them for the weekend.
We were so glad we did. It was a lot of fun even though the weather wasn't all that great.
We did a lot of swimming, playing games, and hanging out.
We head over to the Red Rocks at Pioneer Park in St. George
and hiked around
and this little girl gave us multiple heart attacks while climbing and hiking
around because she wanted to be a BIG GIRL and kept saying "I do-it ma self"
we all made it down safely with no injuries
We also took the kids over to see the temple and to walk around.
We decided to head into the visitor center to get out of the cold wind.
While in there I noticed an older missionary lady and kept thinking
"I think that is my mom's aunt"
I knew her name was Ruth but couldn't remember her last name so I walked by her to catch a glimpse of her name because I knew as soon as I saw it I would know it.
It was her. I got up enough courage to say something and I'm glad I did.
She was so sweet and nice and actually remembered me.
She was telling us that she just turned 90 and was the oldest full time missionary the church has right now. She serves 6 days a week at the St. George Temple.
We also took the opportunity to go visit my grandparents graves. I haven't been back there since they past away way back in 1999 and 2000 --I know I am a terrible granddaughter.
I couldn't remember exactly where they were buried but I did remember that it was close to the street.
Jared dropped me off at one corner and I walked up looking at all the head stones trying to find theirs.
Eventually I found it (all the way at the other end)!!!
I made the kids get out and take a picture!!!
It was a great weekend.
We just wished the weather was a little better.
The kids keep asking when we can go back.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.
1 comment:
How fun!! To bad I didn't know you were going down this way.. :) We live about 2 hours away from st george.. an hour away from Cedar or so.. looks like you guys always have so much fun!! p.s That is adorable what your husband wrote you! :) miss you!
Post a Comment