Friday, June 15, 2012

{summer fun 1-4}

We (all right, I) came up with a summer fun list. You know like the ones you've probably seen all over blogland. We like doing this so we have some things to look forward to doing during the summer. I don't make make mine all fancy-schamancy like most of the ones you see. The kids love it and they love it even more when we get to cross something off on the list.
I want to document all the things we do on the list. Hopefully I will get better at taking pictures of the things we do but don't hold  your breath because we have already gotten four things done and I only got pictures of one of those things.

Summer Fun #1 -- Going Swimming
We splurged and got a punch pass to the Scera Pool for the summer. We have only gone once so far but that one time was so much fun. We look forward to spending more fun days there.

Summer Fun #2 -- Make Homemade Popsicles
We made some homemade rootbeer float popsicles. The kids loved them and I just thought they were ok. I used paper cups and popsicle sticks but I think they would have been better if I actually a popsicle mold. Maybe I'll keep my open for one at a decent price at the stores and we could give a try again.

Summer Fun #3 -- Have a Picnic
We have actually had two picnics since school's been out. Picnic #1 was on Memorial Day at a local park and Picnic #2 was today at the Splash Pad park with having our kids favorite....Mc Donald's for lunch.

Summer Fun #4 -- Splash Pad
Today we ventured out to Spanish Fork to the Splash Pad they have down there. I thought it was going be better than it was. All it was was water coming out of the ground. After we ate our Mc Donald's picnic lunch we headed over to the water. The girls were a little scared at first but once they realized it was ok they were in heaven but not for too long. It was a little chilling since the wind was blowing. My kids don't do well with being cold. Then an older kids who was running around (which you are not suppose to do) and watching what he was doing knocked Sassafrass over so that meant it was time for us to go. We will have to try to go to a splash pad again. There is another one in a different city that I hear is great. But here are some picture from our splash pad experience.......




1 comment:

Jenni said...

You should have told me you guys were coming down here. We could have met up with you. My girls love the splash pad since its the only fun thing we do around here.