Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Bucket List

I've seen many ideas for Christmas Advent Calenders
and I sooo badly wanted to do one but the thought of doing something EVERYDAY
was a little overwhelming for me at this time. 

So, instead I put together this Christmas Bucket List. 


The kids were more than excited when they saw it hanging on the fridge.
I am pretty sure they wanted to do ALL of it in one day and were a little disappointed when I told them that that wasn't going to happen.

First thing we were able to CHECK OFF was "make cookies for the neighborhood plate".
2 years ago we received this plate towards the end of the year and with me just having my gall bladder surgery I never got anything made to resend it on it's way. Then with having a newborn last year it was once again left in the garage collecting dust. This year was the year to get it out and get it going again. I made some yummy Snickerdoodles and sent the plate on it's way. We are hoping that the plate keeps going and doesn't get stuck at someone's house like it did at ours 2 years ago.


Second thing were able to CHECK OFF the list was "go see the Festival of Lights". We had never been and decided to go and check it out. The kids LOVED it. Sassafrass' exact words were...."this is just wonderful!!!"I tired to take pictures of what we were able to see but they all came out looking like this......


but hopefully you get the idea.....lots of lights and fun things to see while
driving around listening to Christmas Music

On our way back home we decided to drive around some neighborhoods looking for some pretty lights to see. We drove down one street and found this in front of someone's house.....


Mr. Smarty Pants and Sassafrass thought is was the funniest thing ever and
asked why Santa was farting....our response: "Well everyone gets gas, even Santa" 

Stay tuned to see what else we get to CHECK OFF our Bucket List before the end of the year!!!

No comments: