Monday, November 7, 2011

A Celebration for Sweets

Sweets' Birthday Party was kept very low-key on account that half of the people we were going to invite were going to be out of town. It ended up just being the 5 of us plus my mom,
who came up from California to share in the joy of celebrating Sweets 1st birthday.


She LOVED LOVED LOVED these balloons.
She walked around everywhere holding them and would NOT let go.
When anyone tried to take them from her or even touch them she would start
squawking and squealing and refused to let go.
Heck....if I would have known how much she was going to LOVE them I wouldn't have gotten her anything else.

Once we managed to pry the balloons out of her hands and gave her something else to do like rip paper she seemed to not mind holding onto the balloons but they had to stay close by her.





She was very happy with all her presents and loves this little ball popper.....but not quite as much as she loves her balloons


The Cake

My sweet and wonderful friend/neighbor was so kind and make this amazing cake for Sweets.
It was so pretty and tasted soooo good.



The kids wanted to help blow her candle out







She liked the cake and got a little messy, nothing too extreme.
When she decided she was done the cake got thrown on the floor.

The party ended up being fun with just us and I'm glad we were able to spend the day with our Sweets!!!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Love the surprised look on her face....
And that cake is gorgeous!! Holy cow!

And...we miss chick fil a. : )

Nancy said...

I think I can guess who that neighbour is! :)

A beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!

Happy Harrison said...

That cake looks amazing!
Happy Birthday!