Splashy the Fish...the newest member of our family
aka Swimmy, Blue Belle, Pretty Blue Boy, Mountain, & Annie
Lil' Miss M REALLY REALLY wanted a pet.
The only pet we would allow her to have is a fish.
She really wants a cat or a dog.
We are mean...we made her work for it.
She worked really hard for a while (a month or so) to earn tickets.
To earn her tickets she had to not whine, clean up her room, help set the table,
throw away diapers, & brush her teeth.
After she received 35 tickets she got to use them to pay for a fish.
So today we headed to the pet store to find the perfect little fishy for her.

She was so proud of herself when she "PAID" for it.
(I asked the cashier if he wouldn't mind telling her that the fish cost 35 tickets and
to let her give him the tickets....I of course would pay for it with real money.
He was totally cool with whole thing)

aka Swimmy, Blue Belle, Pretty Blue Boy, Mountain, & Annie
Lil' Miss M REALLY REALLY wanted a pet.
The only pet we would allow her to have is a fish.
She really wants a cat or a dog.
We are mean...we made her work for it.
She worked really hard for a while (a month or so) to earn tickets.
To earn her tickets she had to not whine, clean up her room, help set the table,
throw away diapers, & brush her teeth.
After she received 35 tickets she got to use them to pay for a fish.
So today we headed to the pet store to find the perfect little fishy for her.
She was so proud of herself when she "PAID" for it.
(I asked the cashier if he wouldn't mind telling her that the fish cost 35 tickets and
to let her give him the tickets....I of course would pay for it with real money.
He was totally cool with whole thing)
She sat like this FOREVER just looking at her new little buddy
2 comments:
Heather, you are such an awesome parent. I love that she had to earn her pet. I'm betting it will mean a lot more to her.
Love the fish! I love that you had her work for it even more! Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment