* Packing a snack bag for your 6 year old who sits in the back of van is not a good idea because he eats it all in one sitting and then his snacks are gone for the rest of the trip.
* Packing plastic bags IS a good idea for those "just in case" moments. After Mr. Smarty Pants ate all of his snacks at one time a bag was handy for when it all came back up.
* If one of your kids is running a fever the day you are suppose to leave take that as a sign to just stay home. Lil' Miss M ran a fever the WHOLE week we were gone which lead to her whining and crying the whole week as well which was NOT fun to deal with or listen to.
* Breaking up the trip (both ways) and staying with friends in Vegas was great. Thanks Rachel for letting us stay with you
* Going to Disneyland with 6 kids (ages 6, 5, 4, 3, 19 months, & 5 months) and 2 adults was probably not a wise decision. We survived and had fun but man was that a lot of work.
* Mary Poppins and Burt know what a Flat Anabelle (aka Flat Stanley) is and were nice enough to have their picture taken with her
* Sweet C's favorite ride at Disneyland was "It's a Small World"
* When going to Disneyland pack extra clothes for ALL the kids so they don't have to walk around like this all day
* My kids are wusses and wouldn't go on any of the "GOOD" rides at Disneyland
* Having a clock/watch for my 6 year old would have been nice so he wouldn't have asked every 15 minutes how many more minutes until we get there
* DVD players are the best things EVER....how did our parents travel without them?
* Twister is fun when it's played by 4 little kids
* When your 5 month old screams the whole way home from Vegas means there is something seriously wrong.....a double ear infection
* My kids LOVE playing with their cousins....too bad we live so far away and don't get to see them very often
* I'm not going on a long vacation with just my kids for a very LONG time
* Vacations are nice but coming home is even nicer
5 comments:
next time I'll learn the lessons... but u dnt have disneyland so ull have to find something comprobale. :0) kaylee and Colby miss u!
I am sure that flat Anabelle was the most well behaved. I am glad that you had a good time. My favorite is the picture of colby with piss pants!!
I completely agree with the last one. I almost had some of the same problems with Millie but I happened to take her to the dr the day before leaving and got some antibiotics for an ear infection and a sinus infection.
Glad you guys had fun.
Perfect advice. I am glad you went through this for me! Love ya.
Very cute journal! We had a good time at Disneyland even though Colby wouldn't tell us he had to go!! The picture made dad and I laugh out loud. I wish we would have taken more pictures.
Post a Comment