Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's a......

GIRL!!!

No breaking traditions here. In Jared's family for about 5 or 6 generations now there has only been 1 boy in each family (it's Ian's job now to carry on the family name). In my family the trend goes boy, girl, girl (my mom, both of my sisters and now me follow this). We like to follow suit and not mix things up.

We took the kids with us to the ultrasound. I don't think they really could understand what they were seeing. Ian's response was "Oh man!! I wanted a brother". After that he was more thrilled with playing the iPod than he was at looking at the baby on the screen.

I thought it was a boy when the technician showed us the view of her crotch. She said "There you go, what do you think it is?" I said "a boy?" I was wrong. She then wrote on the screen "Mommy's Little Girl". I got a little teary eyed.

She looks great. Growing right on target. Everything is measuring right on. This makes me happy. That is all I really care about.....a healthy growing baby.

Sorry I don't have any pictures for you all but she was not cooperating much to get any good pictures. She was turned on her side with her face facing towards my back. She also had her hands up in her face the whole time. So basically the only pictures we got of her was one of her arm and leg and the other one was the one showing us that she was a girl.

No, we don't have any names picked out. That's the hard part for us. This little princess will probably have to wait until she gets here for us to decide on what her name will be.


This baby moves quite a bit, which I like. We are so excited to have another little girl in our family. November can't come soon enough!!!

4 comments:

Alli said...

I am so excited for you!! Girls are soooo much fun.. I love my two.. Congrats. SO glad everything is healthy and moving along great!! :)

Bonnie Parks said...

Great! Congratulations! Oh how fun.

Happy Harrison said...

Yay! That's the same combination I want. 2 girls, 1 boy. Lucky you.

Rach said...

WAHOOOO!