Last night Jared and I went to his work (Nu Skin) Christmas Party. These parties are always fun to go to because they have great entertainment and give away some pretty great prizes. Usually they go all out on the prizes but this year they cut back and to celebrate their 25 years and instead of spending a lot of money on prizes they put on a nice sit down dinner for everyone. They did away a few really nice prizes....a couple of big flat screen TV's, a couple of cameras, and a lap top. There are A LOT of employees so your chances of winning are not all that great but still fun to watch those who do win.
Well, part of their celebration of being a company for 25 years they asked employees to submit a story about their favorite Nu Skin moment. Jared decided to do this and in result he was one of five winners. What did he win you might ask? Well lets just say that Nu Skin is VERY generous with their cash prizes. I guess it pays off to work for a company for almost 10 years. Jared had to go up on stage to retrieve his prize but before they gave it to him he had to tell EVERYONE his story. As he told his story he got a little choked up and was a little embarrassed. So many people afterward came up to him and said that they loved his story and that he made them cry. I was so proud to call him MY husband. I am so glad he won!!!
So do you wanna hear the story that made a grown man cry?.........here it goes........
Background for those who don't know.....every year as part of Nu Skin's Christmas present for their employees is a $100 Costco Gift Card. They give these away usually the morning after their Christmas Party at Costco really early in the morning before the store is open to the public. You go, you get your card, get some breakfast, walk around saying "HI" to all the people you know and then grab some stuff and use your card to pay for it. OK so now that you know that here is the prize winning story (in my words not Jared's)........
Three years ago around this time of year (the day of the Christmas Party) we found out that we were pregnant with Maggie. Totally took us by surprised. Money was a little tight and as we headed to Costco the next morning to get our gift card we decided to get things that we needed....diapers, wipes, milk, chicken, etc. We headed to the front of the store to check out with our cart full of the NECESSITIES. Lucky for us we were in line behind one of the owners of Nu Skin, Blake Roney. Blake looked at the stuff we were going to purchase and said "You are suppose to buy something fun". Jared and I both said at the same time "We know, but this stuff we need". Blake then took out his credit card and paid for our stuff so we could have our gift card to buy something fun for us. This just goes to show what a wonderful and generous company Nu Skin is.
So there you have it, that's the story that made Jared and a lot of other people cry. I even had a few tears roll down my cheek as Jared told his story.
4 comments:
oh my gosh that made me cry. How awesome and wonderful that your husband works for such a great company .. what would I give to have that!!
I love NuSkin. Now I'm way curious how much the cash prize was. I need to call you.
That made me cry, which isn't saying much since I cry at just about EVERYTHING these days, but still, it was really touching. It's so great to work for a good company. It really makes life so much nicer.
That is so neat!
Post a Comment