Well this week is going by faster than I had excepted. Jared comes home tomorrow (Saturday) and we are very excited. Here is what went on Day 4 of Daddy being gone:
Day 4: We went and played at the Fowler's. Since their daddy is with our daddy, us lonely moms got together. Jenny showed me how she quilts her quilts with a stippling stitch. I want to try this but it looks scary. I guess practice makes perfect right? So I should just quilt to my heart's content, Jared would love that....ignore everything and just quilt. That sounds fun, wish I could just do that. While Jenny and I were at her sewing machine the kids had fun playing. My kids LOVE going to their house and get very excited when we tell them we are going over there.
Day 5: Uncle Josh left in the morning to head back home to California. He left before Ian was awake so when Ian finally woke up and noticed Josh wasn't there we was pretty sad when I told him that he went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Ian asked if he could come over tomorrow and play. I guess he doesn't realize that Josh actually went to California and not just around the corner.
We also headed out to playgroup. For this week we just played at the playground in the condos that are right behind us and are part of our ward. Oddly enough there were only 3 of us who went and none of us live there. So we had our kids playing on a playground at a place where none of us lived. I was just glad that no one came and kicked us out. After playgroup we headed to Jo-Ann's which is never a good experience when I have both of my kids. I did end up doing haircuts that afternoon and evening. My SIL, Jen and her daughter Ashlin came over that evening to get their hair done as well. Jen brought Subway (YUMMY) for dinner. The kids played with Ashlin while I did Jen's hair. After they left I went on cleaning rampage and got most of the house clean but that just lead to me going to bed VERY late.
Well there you have it...Days 4 and 5 without Jared. Kinda boring...not too exciting but those days are done and only 1 1/2 more days to go until Jared is home!!
1 comment:
I have to admit, I breathed a sigh of relief for you when I saw your whole family walk in yesterday - Jared included. I was just glad for you guys to be all back together.
Post a Comment