Monday, January 26, 2009

Ian's Swollen Eye

Wow it has been a week and I haven't blogged. It's not that I didn't want to it's just that I haven't had anything to blog about....until last night. I just want to let you all know that I didn't do this on purpose to have something to blog about either ....it was an merely an accident but now I have a story to tell.

So Ian has been potty trained for over a year now and it has been wonderful. Those of you who have boys know that it is a little easier to train them sitting down and then eventually teach them to stand up. So last night when I was putting the kids in the bathtub Ian announced that he needed to go potty before he got in the tub. I thought this would be a good time to try to have him stand up to pee while I was right there and all. I thought it would be easier to make him stand on a stool (I didn't think he was tall enough to go without it). Ian stood up on the stool and was trying to go but it wasn't working (I think it was stage fright). I leaned into Ian to try to help the situation and then he lost his balance and fell head first right into the back of the toilet and then into the bowl. He started to cry immediately and I grabbed him and held him for a few minutes. I felt soooo bad!!! What kind of mom am I? Trying to make kid pee standing up and then make him fall into the toilet of all things!! I think Ian will now be afraid pee standing up and we won't try this again for a while. This morning when Ian woke up his eye was swollen and then it made me feel even worse. I told him I was sorry that I hurt his eye and he told me it was OK. At least he still likes me and doesn't hold a grudge right?

4 comments:

Alli said...

ha ha. Sounds like fun! my boys never lasted long sitting. the standing thing just came natural. So best of luck.. and stop beating your kids up! ha ha kidding! he is still a doll.. :)

Memmott Family said...

hey at least you dont have to clean up messes right?

S Tippetts said...

Oh, that's OK. Sometimes our best intentions don't always work out. Nice try though. Ian's a smart boy he'll catch on.

Happy Harrison said...

I say count your blessings that he hasn't stood yet!!

I think I've already told you this, but as far as I'm concerned, by boys WILL BE sitters, even if they'd like to be standers, they won't have a choice. I don't want the messes.