Monday, June 9, 2008

Karate Chop!!!

Today Ian started taking a karate class. When I told him a few weeks ago that he was going to get to go to a karate class he just looked at me and said "What's karate?". I was excited for him and a little nervous. A lot of my nervousness went away when we actually got to the class. The instructors were so nice and patient. I have decided that my son is a goof ball. He was really trying to do what they told him to do but he would always add in a hop, or a spin, or some hand flapping. I think he was the youngest kid in the class. I just was laughing the whole time. At least he isn't shy like I was. Even though he couldn't quite get all the moves down he still did pretty well. There were a few kids who wouldn't even go out onto the floor (I would have been one of hose kids). He sure had a lot of fun and afterwards told me that he wanted to back so he could do some more karate. He also said that he wanted to go and play with some of boys in the class at their houses.  Ian is so desperate for friends. I guess Maggie and I aren't fun enough to play with all day. I will post some pictures of Ian doing karate here in the future. Maybe I could even get some video footage so you all can see what a goof ball Ian really is!!!!

4 comments:

S Tippetts said...

How fun for Ian! I hope he continues to enjoy it.
Have FUN IAN!!!!!

H Fletcher said...

I would love to see that. I think you better work on that hand flapping thing! We know what that leads to in this family!! jk.

Jenni said...

I can't wait to see pictures. At what age can they start taking the classes? I think that would be something for for Lizzie to do someday.

buchananclan said...

This place lets them start taking classes when they are 3. It was the only class I could find for 3 year olds that didn't have to have parent involvement, since I have Maggie and all.