Wednesday, May 7, 2008

George's House

Jared left today on a business trip to LA for a few days. I called him at around 10pm because I hadn't heard from him and I wanted to make sure his plane landed OK, so I called him. After hearing Jared's voice and being reaffirmed that he was OK and exchanging quick "I Love Yous" I asked Ian if he wanted to say "Hi" to daddy and he quickly responded with a loud "NO". Jared and I said our goodbyes and I got off the phone.

A little while later Ian asked if he could talk to daddy now and I told him that daddy went to sleep and he could talk to him tomorrow.  He then asked if his daddy was sleeping in a bed. I told him "Yes he was, he was sleeping in a hotel".  He looked a little confused and with question in his voice he replied with "A Hotel?". I then reminded him of when we recently stayed in a hotel on our way to Grandma and Grandpa Train's house. (We stopped in St. George for a night on our way to Disneyland). A few minutes after I got done reminding him of the hotel we stayed in Ian asked if his daddy was staying at George's house tonight. Now I was a little confused, George's House? What on earth was he talking about? I kept asking him who George was and all he would say was "Daddy's staying at George's House like we did".. I couldn't think of anyone we knew named George....then it dawned on me.....he remembered all by himself that the hotel we stayed at was in St. George. He thought Jared was staying at "George's House"....the hotel room we stayed at in St. George, that was Ian's first experience in a hotel. I guess he doesn't know that there are hotels all over the world and not just the one room we stayed in for one night in St. George. Ian is such a funny boy, he makes us laugh all the time. I thought this was so cute.  What a memory that boy has, he remembers everything it's crazy!!!

1 comment:

Rach said...

That is too funny...smart Ian. :)