Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3 Year Check-Up

Today I took Ian in for his 3 Year Check-Up. He growing just fine. He weighed in at 33 lbs 4 oz which puts him the 60%. He ended up being 3 feet and 1 inch. I have heard that the rule of thumb is what ever their height is when they are 3, double that and that is how tall they will end up being so if that's the case then Ian should be about 6 feet tall when he is older.

He passed his eye test with flying colors and it turns out that he has impeccable eyesight (I like to think that he gets that from me). According to the doctor most children his age have an eyesight of 20/50 or 20/45 and Ian is already at 20/25 which I found out that that eyesight is what most 5-6 year olds have.

We also received some literature about what 3 year olds should be doing. Under the Nutrition category it says that there should be an avoidance of junk drinks and foods.....we still need to work on that!!!! It talked about safety and to teach them about not running in the street....we need to work on that too!!! We got a check mark next to the Sleep Category.  Ian does have a bed time and sleeps really well, we haven't had any problems with nightmares yet, thank goodness. We also got a check mark next to the potty training. We got lucky with that. I started that process right around when he was 2 1/2 and it took a couple of months but he does so well and now he can do it all by himself and we rarely have accidents (even at night).

I guess all in all he is right on schedule with hitting his developmental milestones. He is a growing boy and we are so proud of him!!!!

2 comments:

S Tippetts said...

I was so glad to hear that Ian is doing so well. (Like we didn't know that already!) He is such a smart boy. We love you all. Thanks for the update.

Jenni said...

I hope they made note on how smart Ian is. That kid knows so much for only being 3 years old. When I had him last week my neighbor came over and talked to him and she could not believe how well he could communicate. Ian is a super smart kid.